Category: antioxidant, Skin, immunity, inflammation
Curcumin is a bright yellow active element present in Turmeric (Curcuma Longa), a member of the Ginger family. In Southern & Southeast Asia, Turmeric has been widely used as a food supplement, cosmetic ingredients, food flavoring, coloring agent, and immunity booster. Turmeric is known to be one of the most effective nutritional substances in the world.
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory are the two major properties of Curcumin. It is a potent antioxidant that can neutralize free radicals due to its chemical structure and protects the body from free radical damage.
- Curcumin may increase the Brain hormone BDNF (Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor). BDNF hormone is responsible for the growth of new neurons & also plays a major role in memory and learning.
- Curcumin can also decrease the risk of heart diseases, It improves the function of the endothelium (The lining of blood vessels) which avoids the build-up of fat.
- Curcumin is also beneficial in the improvement of the Upper Respiratory Tract.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, curcumin gives major relief from arthritis and joint pain. In some cases, it may be more effective than anti-inflammatory drugs.